In 2018, MTC is offering three positions as NEXT STAGE Writers-in-Residence. The initial offering is for a 12 month position with the Company, with the expectation that residents may be invited to progress to a second year, and in one case a third year.
Successful applicants will receive:
• An annual stipend;
• Access to a desk, phone, computer and all the benefits and familial connection that being part of the MTC team entails;
• Access to meetings with MTC’s key artistic team and insight into the programming, directorial, creative and casting process of a major theatre company;
• Access to MTC’s production process from design concept through to rehearsals and performances;
• Access to dynamic and informed dramaturgical conversations with the MTC artistic staff including the Artistic Director, Literary Director, Associate Directors and fellow NEXT STAGE writers;
• The chance to develop concepts in two-days of workshop time with actors and director at MTC;
• Invitations to exclusive MTC events and networking opportunities including philanthropic events throughout the year.